NIFA Webinar Wednesdays – January 6, 2021
Smart Community Growth
- Paul Barnes, Long Range Planning Manager at City of Lincoln Planning Department
- Alan O'Hashi, President of the Cohousing Association of the United States
- Martin Kluck, Partner at Alley Poyner Macchietto Architecture
- Mike Thompson, Project Manager at Alley Poyner Macchietto Architecture
- Cale Miller, Architectural Intern at Alley Poyner Macchietto Architecture
This week’s webinar takes a look at cohousing, and urban infill from various angles. Alan O’Hashi describes the different types of cohousing, who the “typical cohouser” is, and the steps it takes to create a strong cohousing community. After that, the team from APMA takes us through the designs of some of their different projects. One took root as a retrofit of the 1926 Livestock Exchange Building in Omaha, which is now the centerpiece of the Livestock Exchange OneWorld Campus. They also give us a tour through multiple designs for a bungalow village full of green space. With a building that started its life as a school, they demonstrated that “the greenest building is one that is already built.” They also discussed their current work on the design of the Siena Francis Tiny Home Village in Omaha.