Housing Study Grant Program
The Housing Study Grant Program provides funds for comprehensive Housing Studies that encompass housing, community, and economic development opportunities in Nebraska. Eligible applicants include any housing or economic development entity, profit or nonprofit. Studies requesting less than $10,000 require an application fee of $300 and studies requesting $10,000 or more require an application fee of $600.
- NIFA anticipates having up to $90,000 in funds available annually.
- The maximum grant award is $20,000 per project. There is no minimum.
- Applicant will be required to provide a minimum of 50% of the total Housing Study cost in cash matching funds and 70% for a Housing Study completed as part of a comprehensive plan.
- Housing studies are expected to be completed within a 24-month period following acceptance by grantee of a NIFA letter agreement.
- If studies are not completed within 24 months, an extension request will be required.
- NIFA reserves the right to withold the grant funds if the study is not completed within the 24-month timeline.
Your agency/organization may be eligible for the Housing Study Grant program if it is a:
- Nonprofit 501(c)3 entity; OR
- Local Housing Authority; OR
- Local or Regional Planning commission (may or may not be part of a regional goverment); AND
- Can provide match funds of 50% for a Housing Study and 70% for a Housing Study that is part of a comprehensive plan; AND
- Can demonstrate need; AND
- Has not completed a Housing Study/comprehensive plan within the last 5 years
Exceptions may be granted on a case-by-case basis. Contact NIFA Community Engagement staff for more information.
View Award Recipients
View Program Guidelines
Fiscal Year 2023 Application Deadline:
Deadline Round 1 – January 20, 2023
View Evaluation Criteria
NIFA reserves the right to modify or withdraw the housing study grant program and may exercise such right at any time and without notice and without liability to any applicant or other parties for their expenses incurred in the preparation of a proposal or otherwise. NIFA also reserves the right to reject any applications that do not correspond with NIFA's current housing priorities as identified by the NIFA Board. NIFA will evaluate and award Housing Study Grants to ensure equitable geographic distribution of investments.