Technical Assistance

Learn more about your options for technical assistance for your Nebraska agribusiness. 

United States Department of Agriculture - Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS)

The USDA Natural Resources Conservation Services offers free technical assistance for soil, water, and wildlife conservation and management practices on agricultural land. Beginning farmers and ranchers can receive up to 90% cost-share assistance with up to 30% in advance payment for planned practices in conservation programs.



Legal Aid of Nebraska

The Farm and Ranch Program of Legal Aid of Nebraska provides a range of services to Nebraska farm and ranch families. They work in collaboration with the Interchurch Ministries of Nebraska (IMN), the Nebraska Department of Agriculture's Farm Mediation Service, and Beginning Farmer Program (NDA).

Some of the services they provide: 

  • The Nebraska Farm Hotline (1-800-464-0258)
  • Full-time staff and on-call legal and financial consultants
  • Farm and Ranch Legal and Financial Clinics
  • Confidential, state-wide, monthly one-on-one financial and legal consultations
  • Estate and Transition Planning Workshops
  • Seasonal state-wide day-long workshops for farm and ranch families
  • Nebraska Counseling, Outreach, and Mental Health Therapy program (COMHT)
  • Vouchers for counseling from participating licensed mental health counselors
  • Ag Mentor Program
  • On-farm financial and legal consultations


Center for Rural Affairs (CFRA)

Center for Rural Affairs, a private, nonprofit organization works to strengthen small businesses, family farms, ranches, and rural communities. The CFRA website provides advice for beginners, introductions to farm transition and estate planning for retiring farmers, and links to many resources. The CFRA staff also advises new farmers on strategies to gain access to land, financing, and the knowledge and skills needed to make a successful start.