Nebraska Investment Finance Authority
Official Contest Rules (“Official Rules”)
#HuskerHome Contest - August 29th - November 16th, 2018
How to Enter: Participants (Nebraska Residents ONLY) may only submit one (1) photo which meets the contest guidelines during the contest period and may submit their photo at any time during the contest period. The entry must not infringe on another’s privacy rights or contain any materials or content relating to tobacco, alcohol or drugs.
Prize(s): Participants will be entered to win a $50 gift card to Amazon. NIFA will randomly draw for winners and announce them on Facebook the day of every home football game during the contest period. There are seven 2018 home games with seven opportunities to WIN a $50 Amazon gift card. Gift Card WINNERS will be removed from the remaining non-winning contest entries for future drawings. Participants are eligible to win only one (1) gift card during this contest period.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
1. Eligibility: Participation in a contest sponsored by the Nebraska Investment Finance Authority (“NIFA”) (“NIFA Contest”) is open to any legal resident of the state of Nebraska who is at least nineteen (19) years old as of the date of entry. Employees of NIFA and its respective officers and directors (collectively “Related Parties”), and each of their immediate family members (spouse, parents, children and siblings, and their respective spouses, regardless of where they live) and individuals living in the same households of the above are not eligible to enter or win. Each entrant, by participating in a NIFA Contest, agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and to NIFA’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the NIFA Contest. NIFA Contests are subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
2. Sponsor: NIFA, 200 Commerce Court, 1230 “O” Street, Lincoln, NE 68508.
3. Contest Period: Individual NIFA Contest beginning and end dates and times will be posted on NIFA’s public website. All times are Central Standard Time and all entries must be submitted by the ending date and time for each individual NIFA Contest Period. NIFA’s computer system is the official time-keeping device for NIFA Contests.
4. How to enter: There are generally two ways to enter a NIFA Contest, however individual NIFA Contests may have additional terms and conditions as discussed below:
a. During the NIFA Contest Period, log-on to your Facebook account. If you do not have a Facebook account, you may create one for free by going to www.Facebook.com. Go to NIFA’s Facebook page at www.Facebook.com/NIFAhousing and “Like” the post regarding the NIFA Contest on NIFA’s Facebook page. Participants are encouraged to “share” the NIFA Contest to increase participation. In addition to these Official Rules, Participants must follow ALL rules for each individual NIFA Contest. All NIFA Contest rules will be released on the NIFA website prior to the beginning of a NIFA Contest. NIFA reserves the right to modify these Official Rules and tailor individual NIFA Contest rules to a particular NIFA Contest. Facebook comments must be submitted by the conclusion of the Contest Period (NOTE: Facebook is not a sponsor, administrator, or endorser of NIFA Contests and each entrant agrees to release Facebook of any and all liability associated with any NIFA Contest); OR
b. Send a 3x5 postcard with your name, e-mail address, telephone number and state that you reviewed the rules of NIFA Contest to NIFA Contest, 1230 O St., Suite 200, Lincoln, NE 68508. All postcards must be postmarked by the end date of the Contest Period posted on the NIFA website for that particular NIFA Contest.
5. Single Entry: Limit one entry per person. Multiple entries will disqualify all related entries. All NIFA Contest entries shall become the exclusive property of NIFA. Entries will not be acknowledged or returned. Proof of sending or submission will not be deemed proof of receipt by NIFA. NIFA is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, illegible, or misdirected entries, which may result in disqualification. Obscene, provocative or otherwise inappropriate content will not be considered. NIFA retains sole discretion to determine what constitutes inappropriate content.
6. Selection of Winners: Winners will be selected via random drawing conducted by NIFA staff at the end of each NIFA Contest Period. At its option, NIFA may conduct drawings live via NIFA social media outlets. Winners will be notified by telephone, U.S. mail, or by Facebook private message. Allow 3-4 weeks following the date of the winning entry selection for confirmation of the prize. The winner acknowledges their eligibility to enter and win a NIFA Contest prize by their participation in the NIFA Contest and submission of an entry. NIFA Contest Eligibility, Release, and Consent Rules can be found here. NIFA reserves the right to request additional verification of a participant’s eligibility.
7. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
8. Prizes: All Prizes will be clearly stated at the beginning of a NIFA Contest. Prizes are non-transferable and subject to the terms and conditions of any Prizes awarded. The winner is responsible for any taxes or fees associated with the receipt of a Prize. The Prize may be awarded to an alternate winner (selected from among remaining eligible entries) if (i) a winner fails to comply with these Official Rules or individual NIFA Contest rules; or (ii) the participant fails to submit additional verification upon NIFA’s request.
9. Release: Each entrant agrees, except where prohibited by law, to release and discharge, hold harmless and indemnify NIFA and the Related Parties, and all others associated with the development and execution of any NIFA Contest, from any and all tax liability that may be imposed or associated with receipt or use of the Prize, and from and against any and all claims, actions, proceedings, and liability for any damages, expenses, fees, injury, or losses sustained in connection with the a NIFA Contest or acceptance, possession, use, misuse or non-use of the Prize.
10. Publicity: Except where prohibited by law, by entering a NIFA Contest or by winning, entrants grant to NIFA and its respective designees the right to publicize the entrant’s first name, photograph, image, likeness, voice, statements, and certain biographical information in all manner and media, worldwide and in perpetuity, for advertising, trade and promotion purposes, worldwide and in perpetuity, in any and all forms of media, now known or hereafter devised (including, without limitation, the Internet), without additional compensation, and without opportunity for review.
11. Limitations of Liability: NIFA and the Related Parties are not responsible for: (i) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in a NIFA Contest; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (iii) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or a NIFA Contest; (iv) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of a NIFA Contest or the processing of entries; (v) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged, illegible, or stolen mail or (vi) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in a NIFA Contest or receipt or use or misuse of a Prize. If for any reason an entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in a NIFA Contest. No more than the stated number of Prizes associated with a given contest will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of Prizes as set forth in the Official Rules, or individual NIFA Contest rules, to be available and /or claimed, NIFA reserves the right to award only the stated number of Prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible Prize claims.
12. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with a NIFA Contest or any Prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for Nebraska, (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering a NIFA Contest, but in no event attorney’s fees, and (iii) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and NIFA in connection with a NIFA Contest, shall be governed by the, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Nebraska without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Nebraska or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Nebraska.
14. General Conditions: NIFA reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify any NIFA Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond NIFA’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of a NIFA Contest, as determined by NIFA, in its sole discretion. NIFA reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of a NIFA Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or those of any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of a NIFA Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, NIFA reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. NIFA’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules or individual NIFA Contest rules shall not constitute a waiver by NIFA of that provision.
15. Copy of the Official Rules/Names of Winners: For a copy of the Official Rules, individual NIFA Contest rules or a list of the winner’s name (available after the prize drawing date), send your request, and a separate self-addressed, stamped envelope to: NIFA Contest, 1230 O St., Suite 200, Lincoln, NE 68508.