NIFA's homeownership team is here to help you get started with the home buying process. There are 5 easy steps to get a great NIFA loan.
- Answer the household income questions to see if you are eligible. If you meet this eligibility test, you will receive a NIFA Homebuyer Certificate. This is not an application or approval for a loan and will only be used for pre-eligibility with our program.
- Take your NIFA Homebuyer Certificate to an approved Participating Lender to get pre-approved for a loan. Your loan officer will review your credit report, household income sources and expenses to help you determine the price of a home you can afford.
- Take a NIFA approved homebuyer education class to help you prepare to shop for a home and begin the loan process.
- Work with a Real Estate Agent to help you find a home that's just right for you.
- After you find a home, you are ready to apply for a NIFA loan!
You can call NIFA's toll-free number at 800-204-6432 to speak with one of our Homeownership Team Specialists (Monday-Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. CT) or contact us by email.